New Backup Format for macOS and Linux (Beta)
The benefits of the New Backup Format are now available for macOS and Linux Backup users, including:
* **Client-side deduplication** – reduce the time, bandwidth, and storage consumption by avoiding uploading identical files in different folders.
* ** Consistency checks** – check the state of data backed up in your storage and verify its consistency.
* **Restore points** – ensure that the backup dataset is valid to be restored if the restore point is valid.
* **Optimized operations with storage** – get fewer requests, faster synchronization, and faster purge.
* **Continued upload** – data will be uploaded in parts, resulting in a continuous process in case of network issues.
* Object size up to 256TB to any storage destination.
* Optimized performance and storage usage for a large number of small files.
**Note:** In the beta version, synthetic full backup, GFS (Grandfather-Father-Son), Forever Forward Incremental backup, and object lock are currently unavailable.
The Quick Restore application will allow files to be restored from macOS/Linux backups to a Windows computer or source computer running under macOS/Linux OS. The Quick Restore application for macOS/Linux is not yet available.